Tip: You can move the mouse to move the light
The scene implements some of the effects we saw during the semester
- Ground and Grass
- The ground was created using Perlin Noise over a plane
- The grass was implemented using Shell Texturing ~ Fur
- The shape of the trees is obtain using cylinder and adding Perlin Noise in each dimension
- The texture of the trees uses texture mapping and normal mapping
- Perlin Noise for the white small stars
- and particles for the shinny starts.
- All this is implemented in the vertex-shader, and the shinny starts are positioned at random
- Glow and Lighs
- For lights we implement point light and ambient light. The glowing sphere acts as a point light in the scene
- The glow is implemented rendering the scene with special vertex-shaders to a smaller canvas; that canvas has a css filter to make it blur; and I use css positioning to superpose them.
- The scene also has a fog effect; the effect is greater at ground level.
- The fog is lighter in the higher parts background/sky. This was mainly a aesthetics decision